Monday, July 11, 2011

miss itchyface the unscratchable!

feeling a little bit cooped up and slightly stir-crazy, i went out to my friend josh's birthday party on saturday. what a great idea! i missed all my friends, and they were all excited to see me (i think, lol) and i had a great time. everyone says i look great, and i was really cheered up after i left. also, before that, i got to meet my friends lynsey and steve's new baby, camden. talk about a teeny tiny little person!! oh man. 7 pounds of adorable. and i got spit up and farted on...i feel like part of the family. 
my face. itches. SO BAD. it's driving me crazy. i know it's all the nerves coming back to life and whatnot, but seriously! i wish it wasn't constant! i've been using hydrocortisone cream, but since it's nerve-related and not skin-related, it doesn't help at all. so i just have this itchy, slightly numb face that gets no relief when i scratch it. gahh. all i can do, i guess, is keep ice packs or hot washcloths and some itch cream all over my face. 
the swelling keeps kind of coming and going. it's almost all gone, but seems to kick up a little bit when i first wake up. this is most likely because i get more horizontal every night i sleep now. and let me tell you, my sleeping has improved 300%. i feel rested for the first time in my life! it's crazy! i can't believe i've been missing out on this. i can't wait until everything is over so i can see the final results. also, i can't wait to kick butt in my last two quarters of college with my new sleeping abilities. i'll actually be able to get up on time and make it to class and pay better attention. this is seriously the best decision i've ever made in my entire life.
so my new favorite foods are V8 soups. the tomato herb, garden broccoli, and butternut squash varieties are delicious! all i have to do it run them through the blender to smooth out the veggie chunks, and then i add some butter and whole milk to boost the calorie content. they are very very tasty, and under the promotions section of V8's website, they offer $1 off coupons! awww yeah. also, my momma makes me these smoothies from heaven...they have cottage cheese, peanut butter, protein powder, bananas, sweetened condensed milk, and whatever else in it. super tasty.
i feel pretty much back to normal now. can they unband my jaw? hah. i guess my bones still have to heal, but i really feel like nothing even happened. i really lucked out with my recovery. i want to say thank you again to all my wonderful friends and family who've shown so much love and support and sent so many positive vibes my way through this. i know it helped! 
the boyfriend and i are going to see horrible bosses tonight. i'll have to become immune to the smell of movie theater popcorn. this is going to be rough! i heard the movie is excellent though, so i'm pretty excited...even to just get out of the house. i'll leave a little review of it in my next post ;)
wishing everyone the best...i'm off to eat some V8 broccoli soup now!

1 comment:

  1. The itching is the worst!! My face still itches but it feels relief when I scratch. This will eventually happen to you so keep hanging in there. Its a mental toughness you have to develop to not go crazy.

    ReplyDelete