Friday, July 8, 2011

lotsa x-rays: before and after

i went to my appointment today, and all is well! dr. jackrit took my bands off so i could brush my teeth, which was amazing, and then put them back on minus a couple. he said my mouth looked fine, just to keep using the mouthrinse and to keep taking my antibiotics. that was a definite relief. they were so surprised that i hadn't had a "breakdown day". they said i'm the only girl they've ever had who didn't cry for a week! must be because i'm so tough :)
i've lost 9 pounds since my surgery. i weighed in at 133 at the hospital, and i weighed in at 124 today. i don't know how i can possibly eat any more than i am already without making myself sick, so i guess i'm just going to keep losing a bunch of weight until i can eat real food again. i should look like an olsen twin by the time that happens!
since my doctor's awesome, i got to take pics of my before and after x-rays, and i wanted to post them here.
 before: my airway from the top of my skull looking down
after: the anesthesiologist said i must've been miserable for years...and i have been! well, mostly just sleepy.
 before: my airway from the side. the skinniest part is where the base of my tongue was constricting it, and when i slept everything relaxed and blocked it completely.
after: my airway's almost tripled in size, and i don't snore anymore! :D
 all the metal in my face. facial plates, screws, and arch bars (those'll go, thank god)
 my lil' face beforehand.
terminator face afterwards. sweet, huh?
awwww yeeeeeeah.
as my friend alan said, it should be customary with this kind of surgery to at least install a laser eye while they're at it. that would just be too awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Haa! Love the laser eye! Brilliant. WOW stunning x-rays. Your docs must love the before and after's! What a life changing surgery for you! I love seeing the progress.. And I love your social vibe add on . I think I will add to my blog as well!! Your awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg the first X-ray of your airway top-down... SO SMALL! Was this taken sitting up, or lying down?

    ReplyDelete