Sunday, September 4, 2011

update!

it's been 67 days since my surgery...wow! things are going well. i've been able to eat pretty much everything, but my teeth are hurting so i'm going to stop with the crunchy stuff for a while. i still have a LOT of weird nerve things going on. when i sniff, i feel a cold spot just under my left eye. my nose, lower eyelids, and upper cheeks itch and when i scratch them it feels like a  sunburn...pretty painful. also, my bottom lip and chin are still numb. i can feel the incision lines in my mouth and that takes some getting used to, and sometimes the one at the bottom front can really bother me.
regardless, i'm still so glad i got this done. i'm ready to take on the rest of my schooling, and do my best with improved sleep and breathing! i can open my mouth all the way again, and it's feeling pretty good. it's still tight with side to side jaw movements, and i can chew the best on the left side. i've been trying to make myself use my right side more so it gets enough exercise as well.
pro tip: DO NOT TRY to blow up a balloon. it HURTS your incisions and was a horrible idea!
i hope everyone is doing well :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment