Wednesday, September 7, 2011

fresh in the morning

so, it's 8:30am and i'm training myself to get up super early to be ready for class at the end of the month. my cat's looking at me like i'm crazy, and i think she may be partly right! i have my very last appointment with dr. jackrit on friday (which is also my birthday), and i'm very excited! i can't believe it's done! 
well, not exactly DONE in terms of healing, but still. my lip and chin are numb, and the area near my incisions inside my mouth still feels funny...but otherwise i'm doing well. i must have slept wrong on my right side the other day, though, because the right side of my jaw feels like it needs to pop if i move it side to side, even the slightest bit. i'm using listerine and other germ-killing mouthwashes after i brush just to give my immune system a boost, and i'm trying to generally stay healthy. 
it's great to be able to exercise again! i really missed hooping. it doesn't seem like much of a workout, but let me tell you...it IS! i'm going to make a concerted effort to hoop every day for at least 20 minutes. it's good for both my body and my mind. in addition to that, i'm doing a little bit of beginner's yoga in the mornings(afternoons?) when i roll out of bed. the stretches really help to loosen me up and get me going. i'd also like to regain the flexibility i had when i was in ballet and gymnastics and all the sports i played. 
i realized i haven't posted any pictures for a couple of weeks at least, so here's one...don't mind the sleepy face/no makeup/bad lighting:
well...it's off to get some things done today. thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Hilary,

    My name is Fred and I just wanted to let you know that your blog was extremelly important for me in the decision process for the surgery.

    THANK YOU for that.

    I am now in the 12nd day of post-op. so I come here from time to time to feed from your amazing optimimism.


    Following your example I am trying to blog my experience at http://www.cirurgiadofred.blogspot.com.br/

    It is in portuguese for I could not find any in my own language so I decided to start the first.

    Thanks again,

    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think tyou see these comments anymore. but I just want to say you that I loved your blog and that you had escellent results. Best wishes and thanks a lot for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I don't know if you keep checking this blog but I am considering the surgery and wondered how you are now? Was it worth it? and has the numbing and weird sensations gone away? Thank you
    Brenda Zalka

    ReplyDelete