Monday, June 27, 2011

Lateral Ceph X-ray with Soft Tissue

this'll be a shorter post, i'll add more later. but i wanted to put my x-ray on here so you can see what i'm having done. this picture makes me hate my face!! ugh. check out that giant italian nose. and the big fat chin! that's what a retrognathic jaw looks like! i'll have to post some face pics once i get them taken.
this is the x-ray itself. below, i put lines indicating what's getting done. the green lines are where my face is going to be broken, the blue arrows show which way everything's going, the orange shows how narrow my airway is, and the yellow shows the spot that gives me the most trouble with my sleep apnea. after the surgery, once everything is healed up, that passageway should be about twice as wide.
gnarly.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Hilary,

    Great x-ray and additional markings to indicate what's going where. You certainly know what's happening to your jaw and I'm sure you can sleep assured(and eventually soundly) knowing exactly what's going on. No surprises.

    All the best on surgery.

    ReplyDelete